Very confused.....I asked her to explain.
Hannah: "You know.....when you were let go!"
Me: "Let go from what?
Hannah: "Your mom!"
Me......still confused........I explained that mother's never let their children go in their hearts....and they are free to stay in the house as long as they want. Jim then amended my answer and said that past 25 and past college they are outta there. (good save Jim!).
Well.....despite much explaining it appears that she doesn't really believe us because she keeps asking more questions. I caught her asking my mom the other day......"Grandma, how old was my mom when you let her go?" My mom was equally confused and I prompoted her to just answer when I was married. That worked.
Today she was concerned that her best friend Cheyanne's brother still lives at home at 23 and has not been "let go" yet. I explained that he is actually living at college but still has a bedroom at the other house for holidays, etc. This was interesting to her. She said....."so he was just kinda let go?"
I give up. She firmly believes that letting go is a part of life. I refuse to believe it. It's a sad thought for a mother. Funny thing is.....she is fine with "being let go"..... being the independent stinker that she is. She probably thinks she's ready now!
2 comments:
I heard someone say that the process of letting go begins when the child is born...let them go from breastfeeding, let them go from crawling to walking, let them go and drive....
You don't think she thought of it in the aspect of a birthmom, "letting her go"? do you?
Post a Comment