Sunday, October 21, 2007

FROM THE PAST....10/18/06

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

SISTER LUNCH OR HELL?

many of you witnessed the two hour tantrum today....about an hour and a half of it took place during sister lunch..... It started with me getting mad at the twins....we were right ready to walk out the door, ON TIME no less, and they decided to pour out two boxes of cereal and lick it off the counter and kind of roll around in it. They were sticky and flaky and crumby and I, of course, being the unpatient mother that I am...lost it and screamed a bit and dragged them into the bathroom to wash their faces, change shirts, etc. Needless to say I was not happy...they are way too old to be doing stuff like that....and i had just given them a bath. Anywho, Hannah did not take kindly to getting in trouble. She pouted and ranted and raved all the way to Macaroni Grill...Here's a little bit of the dialogue: "Seth it's your FAULT! I don't like you! I only like two people in this whole town! Cheyanne and JayCee (Seth's girlfriend) and I am telling Jaycee to break up with you! (Seth...my emotional one who takes everything to seriously is crying at this point, "Hannah please NO, please love me again...and I still love Jaycee- don't make me break up!...wah wah wha) Hannah: "And I am not on Jesus' side!" (okay, I just read Mandi's blog about her sweet children sending a prayer up to heaven - mine are always blasphemous!). I didn't know what to say so I blurted out "Well, if you're not on Jesus' side then you will go to ...a very bad place!" Hannah says, serious as ever: "You mean sister lunch?" So there you have it. You men can gloat all you want---Sister lunch has now been likened unto HELL. The tantrum carried on forever, I won't bore you all with details. Alicia tried all her child psychology tricks to no avail. She then said something that made me feel so much better as Hannah escaped her clutches in the parking lot and came within feet of entering State Street...."She's the most difficult child I have ever dealt with and I work with special needs kids!" Okay, Im scared. The funny thing is, she is such an easy kid. Just something will set her off and she will have one of these tantrums. She only has about 3-4 a year so we are still sane. Then when she decides she is done then it is over. She then went to her well child check-up and insisted on watching the needles go into her legs with just a little jump and a peep with each one. Seth, on the other hand, had to have 3 of us holding him down and was screaming like a banshee and flailing about like a 50 lb. salmon. What a day. I think I was in hell today, especially at sister lunch! And no, I never found my dang free kids meal vouchers! Oh boy, don't get me started again.
posted by nannygoatgruff @ 8:39 PM 4 comments

No comments: